The Ed Roberts Campus, a one-stop center dedicated to promoting independence for people with disabilities, will be located at Berkeley’s Ashby BART station. Its innovative transit-oriented design provides the disability community, many of whom rely exclusively on public transit, with unprecedented access to organizations, services and opportunities. The Campus will house seven Bay Area non-profits offering a broad range of programs from job training to parenting support and wheelchair sports. Designed by Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects of San Francisco, the 85,000 sq. ft. campus will also include fully accessible meeting rooms, a computer-media center, a fitness center, a café, and a child development center.
- Use Permit and CEQA approved
- Schematic Design drawings 100% complete
- Design Development drawings 100% complete
- Construction Drawings 100% complete
- Construction begins Spring 2008; opens in 2010.
- Fundraising 76% complete
- Private sector (foundations and corporations)
- Public sector (Federal, State and local)
- FTA; HHS, HUD; City of Berkeley;
- Received CMA-TLC funds for elevator and pedestrian concourse plaza, MTC TLC funds, STIP 06 and Lifeline Transportation Funds.
- Complete fundraising
- Begin construction